Monday, June 20, 2011

Jobless in the City

Initially, I was going to title this blog, 'Jobless in the City' but I decided to abide by the 'Laws of Attraction' and turn something negative sounding into something positive, thus we have, 'Smart Cookie for Hire'. Since I love blogging, I am going to turn my frustrations of not finding a job into a job!
I will try my best to blog about how and what I have done to gain employment, on a daily basis. This method will aid me in staying motivated in my search, as well as brush up on my typing skills. I will stop blogging about my experiences once I have found a means of employment which:
  • provides 'full-time', permanent, on-going and continuous employment;
  • challenges my intellectually and gives me a sense of purpose in the world;
  • provides me enough monetary compensation to live the lifestyle I choose to live
I am currently unemployed. I am a trained and educated professional in the environmental sector with about 3-5 years of paying environmental experience. I have worked with 3 different government organizations as well as worked with non-for-profit and charitable organizations on a volunteer basis. I know I am employable, capable and have been considered a candidate by top employers because I manage to get to the interview stage, I just can't move passed it. I CAN'T GET PASSED THE FRIEND STAGE!

I got the goods (experience and education), I got the guy (employer), I get the call for a date (job interview), I think the date goes well (interview) but then he never calls me back and I never get into his pants (the job)!
At this beginning of this year (2011), I enrolled in a Studio and Bridal Makeup course, which is an interest of mine and was intended on being a second career option but at the moment it has provided me with more opportunities, work and monetary compensation than my training as an environmental professional. My freelance makeup career is something I am constantly persuing alongside my professional environmental career.

As mentioned earlier, I will attempt to blog every day about what I have done to obtain gainful employment as a self motivating tool. I hope you come along for the journey. In case you would like to know more about my freelance career as a makeup artist, you can visit the following links:

http://www.torontobridalbeauty.com/
http://www.nicoleertl.com/
www.modelmayhem.com/NicoleMUAErtl
www.facebook.com/NicoleMUAErtl

You can also check out my other blogs here:

http://www.nicoleertl.blogspot.com/
http://www.torontobridalbeauty.blogspot.com/

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment