Sunday, July 29, 2012

1 year later

To my amazement, I just rediscovered my personal blog...over a year later. Looking back, so much has happened in the past calendar year but I am still loveless and jobless. After I wrote my last post in July 2011, I ended up getting a job at a camp as a cook, a job which my friend helped me land. I was working for her. Whilst it was great as a temporary cash boost, it did not do much for morale. Shortly after, I realised its not where I wanted to be in life. That September I enrolled at University to complete my B. Sc. during this time as well, I was still dating my ex and had made a shocking discovery that cannot be divulged for its far too personal. After the discovery, I became severely depressed and was on the verge of quitting school. I dropped my course load from 2.5 credits to 1.5 but still did terribly. I pushed myself until I finally got a much deserved break. The Christmas holidays rolled around and gave me an opportunity to re connect with my friends and family and helped immensely. I slowly started pulling my self out of my little hole and started working out every other day as a means of dealing with stress and depression. My marks started to improve but were still not up to University or personal standards. I managed a full course load but still only passed about half my classes. Being the hopeless romantic I am, I immersed myself into the dating scene once again and started an online profile. Some dates lasted 1 night, others 7 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment